Apparently.....

I'm getting old. I didn't think that it was going to happen. For those of you that know me, you know that I'm the kind of guy that is still fascinated by a Brio train set. The guy that you see at Cub Scout pinewood derbies cradling his "son's" perfectly made derby racer. I'm the guy that will buy toys "for my children" and then have just as much fun playing with them.
They say that having a kid changes you. I'm not sure that it changes you so much as re-focuses you. In my case, I have so many things gong through my head constantly (insert joke here {especially made for brother's and brother's-in-law to capitalize on}) that I am filtering way too much. Now, however, all that I think is, "what do I need to do to make my family happy?"
Anyway. Too much serious crap. Amy has finally volunteered to make her prodigious photography talents available to you via this blog. No longer will you have to put up with the crap that I put up, but rather, a veritable feast for the eyes that will delight and amaze even the most discerning of palates. That's a lot of big words that mean the pictures will get better from here on out. I'll just write.
We'll have a lot more pics of baby Ava. Lots. Mostly because she is the most attractive baby out there. The rest of you can suck it. And these pictures will be taken by Amy, so they will make her look even better. Suck it even more, dorks. I love this baby. She smiled at me for the first time the other day, and I almost peed myself I was so happy.
Anyway, Ava has been home for about 3 days now. She is happy. She craps, eats, and sleeps. And that's about it. Come to think of it, if that's all I did, I would be ecstatic.

Comments

The Chong Ohana said…
I feel you man. Having a kid makes you think completely differently. Just wait until they turn two and are a veritable parrot. Talk about self mastery lessons. And despite Vince Vaughn's parenting lessons from "Old School," ear muffs don't really work.

Just think of all those Christmas mornings you have to look forward to. I swear toys just get cooler and cooler.

Popular Posts